Altair HWSolvers 2017.2.1 | 3.5 Gb
Altair has released an update to HyperWorks Solvers 2017.2. This hotfix contains enhancements, small number of bug fixes to RADIOSS and OptiStruct that were previously released.
HyperWorks Solvers 2017.2.1 Release Notes:
- The SURF option is now available for the SUBTYPE field of SET Bulk Data Entries for TYPE=GRID/ELEM to automatically identify the grids or elements on the surface of the entire model or part of the model, based on selected properties (the optional property ids can be specified in continuation line of such SET). The identified grid points or elements form a set which can then be used wherever required, for example, as PANEL definition in ERP output.
SET 1 GRID SURF -> SET of grids for surface of entire model
SET 1 ELEM SURF -> SET of elements for surface of property id 10
If the model is a solid model, then the solid elements (or grid points) belonging to the topmost layer of the model are identified as part of the set.
- SMOOTH option is now supported for Node-to-Surface Continuous Sliding Contact.
- For CONTACT analysis, ADJUST/CLEARANCE option can be used together with SMOOTH option.
- Output of the Absolute Maximum Principal Stress for Random Response Analysis can now be controlled using PARAM,PSDPRINC,YES/NO. The Absolute Maximum Principal Stress for Random Response Analysis is output only if PARAM,PSDPRINC,YES is present in the the input file.
- The performance of Topology Optimization with Overhang Constraints has been enhanced.
- 1D elements (de)activation with sensors: activation and deactivation of 1D elements might not work. Most of the crash models with safety belts use sensors to (de)activate springs.
- Length of parameters names: parameters substitution might be random if parameters names exceed 9 characters (8 characters if the parameters is used with “–“ sign). Starter is now checking the length of parameters names; it will issue:
o a WARNING if length of parameter name is > 8 characters
o an ERROR if length of parameter name is > 9 characters
- //SUBMODEL compatibility: enhanced pulley spring with asymmetric friction model (/PROP/TYPE12 + Ifric, Fmin, Fmax) was not compatible with //SUBMODEL.
- Restart file size: Restart file size was significantly larger than normal.
- /OUTP/ELEM/USER[1-5]: Possible Engine core dump at the first cycle if /OUTP/ELEM/USER1 to /OUTP/ELEM/USER5 is requested.
About Altair HyperWorks. Altair HyperWorks is the most comprehensive, open architecture CAE simulation platform in the industry, offering the best technologies to design and optimize high performance, weight efficient and innovative products. HyperWorks includes best-in-class modeling, linear and nonlinear analyses, structural and system-level optimization, fluid and multi-body dynamics simulation, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), multiphysics analysis, model-based development, and data management solutions
About Altair HyperWorks Solvers. HyperWorks Solvers is a collection of finite element and multibody dynamics solvers for structural, fluid-dynamics and systems simulation. These solvers can be employed for simulation driven design as well as design optimization.
With the 13.0 release, a renaming of our structural solver products has taken place in order to accommodate the growing trend of applying optimization technologies more intensively in the product development process, instead of just single run analysis. Moving forward, our structural and thermal analysis and optimization product for linear and non-linear events will be called OptiStruct; this includes analysis disciplines such as linear and non-linear statics, noise and vibrations and thermal analysis. Our product for highly-nonlinear, typically transient events such as crash, impact, forming or blast analysis will be RADIOSS. Both codes are developed with a strong focus on the above mentioned disciplines, and will continue to leverage technology mutually. OptiStruct will continue to leverage the widely used bulk data input format, and RADIOSS will continue to use the well suited block format. Moving forward, OptiStruct will also serve as the general framework for optimization involving multiple physics incl ding CFD and FSI with AcuSolve and multi-body dynamics with MotionSolve, and will also offer API to integrate additional solvers and solutions within a general multi-model framework.
About Altair. Altair is focused on the development and broad application of simulation technology to synthesize and optimize designs, processes and decisions for improved business performance. Privately held with more than 2,000 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates more than 45 offices throughout 22 countries. Today, Altair serves more than 5,000 corporate clients across broad industry segments.
Product: Altair HyperWorks Solvers
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page : www.altairhyperworks.com
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Size: 3.5 Gb