BookMacster 2.1.2 | MacOSX | 16.4 MB
Versatile bookmarks management application for Mac OS X that is able to automatically import entries and export the cleaned list. Most web browsers come with their own bookmark managers, but the provided functionalities are rather limited. BookMacster is a Mac app that is able to extract all your bookmarks, enables you to sort them and remove the duplicates from the list, and then helps you send the cleaned version back to the browser.
Import bookmark lists from popular web browsers
BookMacster is able to work with 3 popular web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. The application will analyze the bookmarks list on its own, imports the entries, and then displays them in list or tree mode. Note that BookMacster must install a separate extension to be able to analyze the Firefox bookmarks list.
The best part is that you can decide to import / export data only from / to certain web browsers. From this point of view, BookMacster provides complete control over your data.
Clean up your bookmarks list in no time
BookMacster offers you the possibility to sort your entries by different criteria, enables you to group them by tags, allows you to add separators, and helps you find duplicate entries. Noteworthy is that you may also rearrange the websites in the list via drag and drop actions.
Moreover, BookMacster also provides customization options when dealing with the automatic syncing process: the app can monitor the web browsers and import any changes, and can directly export the list back if certain conditions are met. To avoid any issues, setting up a delay period for the syncing is advisable.
Resourceful solution for managing and organizing your bookmarks
BookMacster is a great tool to have around if you have large bookmarks lists that you need to organize: you can easily sort them by applying various rules, define specific groups, and even detect duplicates. Keep in mind that you can export the final list to all your browsers, so you will have access to the entire database, regardless of the client of choice.
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.
- Compatible with iCloud's Safari syncing, Google Chrome's Sign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, iCab, Opera 11-12, Roccat, Pinboard, Delicious, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with Tags, Hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects and duplicates.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple User Profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.
What's new in BookMacster 2.1.2
- The terminology Browser Add-On has been changed to Browser Extension (because all of our browser add-ons have in fact been browser extensions for the last couple years).
- Redesigned the Manage Browser Extensions (formerly Manage Browser Add-Ons window) to be sensible based on our current Browser Extensions line-up.
- When syncing is switched on, if the Agent or Preference is set to keep bookmarks sorted, a Sort All operation is proposed and performed before the required Export operation. This is to prevent unexpected results in a couple of edge cases.
- Patched two security vulnerabilities in the Check for Update feature. (Updated the Sparkle framework to version 1.13.1.)
Requirement: Intel, 64-bit processor OS X 10.10 or later
Home Page - http://sheepsystems.com/products/bookmacster.html
No mirrors please