PGI Visual Fortran 2008 v9.0.2 | 340 MB
PGI Visual Fortran® (PVF®) brings the PGI suite of high-performance 64-bit and 32-bit parallel Fortran compilers to Microsoft Windows developers using Microsoft Visual Studio. PVF features the latest version of PGI's native OpenMP and auto-parallel Fortran compilers. PGI compilers are supported on and can generate fully optimized code for a broad range of popular high-performance computing platforms including 64-bit x64 and 32-bit x86 processor-based systems.
High-performance PGI Compilers
PVF features the latest version of PGI's native OpenMP and auto-parallel Fortran compilers. PGI compilers are supported on and can generate fully optimized code for a broad range of popular high-performance computing platforms including 64-bit x64 and 32-bit x86 processor-based systems.
PGI Fortran compilers offer world-class performance and features including both automatic and OpenMP 3.0 parallelization support for optimizing performance on multi-core processors. State-of-the-art compiler technologies found in PVF include vectorization, parallelization, interprocedural analysis, memory hierarchy optimization, cross file function inlining, CPU-specific optimization and more. PGIÂ Unified Binary™ technology streamlines cross-platform support by combining into a single executable file code optimized for any number of different x64 processors.
Visual Studio Integration
PVF includes features to enable rapid code development. PVF adds syntax coloring, Fortran intrinsics tips and keyword completion to the Visual Studio editor. PVF includes a complete Fortran build environment for Visual Studio with Fortran specific features such as automatic build dependency management. PVF is interoperable with Microsoft Visual C++ so Fortran sub-programs can call C functions and vice versa. PVF includes a number of DVF/CVF compatibility features including full support for the Win32 API. Sample projects include building Fortran dialog boxes, console and Windows applications, DLLs and static libraries.
PVF augments the Visual Studio debugger with a custom debug engine that provides Fortran language specific debugging capability. The PVF debug engine supports debugging of single-thread, multi-thread, and OpenMP applications. It enables debugging of 64-bit or 32-bit applications using source code or assembly code, and it provides full access to the registers and hardware state of the processor. The PVF debug engine can debug executable files built for native Windows, Windows Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA) and Windows Services for UNIX (SFU). The PVF debug engine is interoperable with the Visual C++.
Documentation includes the PVF User's Guide, PVF Release Notes, PVF Installation Guide and the PGI Fortran Language Reference manual. The PVF Userâ€™s Guide and PGI Fortran Reference are also part of the Visual Studio help system.
A Complete Fortran Development Solution
PGI Visual Fortran includes the Visual Studio 2008 Shell†—a complete stand-alone Windows Fortran development environment. No additional software is required. PVF also supports existing installations of Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2005 or both.
Optimized for Visual Studio 2005
License options include single user node-locked and multi-user network floating. Compiling 64-bit applications requires a 64-bit Windows operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition or Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition).
Visual Studio Integration
* Fortran syntax coloring
* Fortran intrinsics tips
* Keyword completion
* Fortran debug engine
* Automatic Dependency Analysis
* Interoperable with Microsoft Visual C++
* Sample projects
* Bundled Visual Studio 2008 IDE
* Bundled ACML high-performance math library
* Supports multi-threaded execution with Intel MKL 10.1 and later
* Optional IMSL Fortran numerical library available
o Full 64-bit support on AMD64 and Intel 64
o PGI Unified Binary optimized for both AMD64 and Intel 64
o Full 32-bit support and optimization for x86/x87 targets
o OpenMP 3.0 parallelization
o Inter-language calling
o IEEE arithmetic options
o Vectorization/Optimization directives
o Integrated cpp pre-processor
o Fast compile times
o Compile-time optimization listings
o Annotated assembly code listings
o Documentation integrated with Visual Studio Help
o AMD64 and Intel 64 cross-target optimization
o Interprocedural Analysis (IPA)
o Scalar SSE code generation
o Function inlining
o Loop fusion
o Profile feedback optimization
o Memory heirarchy and memory allocation optimization
o Huge pages support
o Instruction scheduling
o Invariant code and conditional hoisting
o Common sub-expression elimination
o Global constant propagation
o Global dependence analysis
o Global flow analysis
o Integrated local, global and vector register allocation
o Induction variable analysis
o Load/store analysis
o Tail recursion elimination
o Scalar expansion, scalar replacement
o Value propagation, strength reduction
o Dead code elimination
* Vector/Parallel Transformations
o State-of-the-art dependence analysis
o Nested loop autoparallelization
o Nested loop vectorization
o Loop interchange
o Loop splitting, unroll & jam
o Iteration peeling
o Aligned access optimizations
o Scalar promotion
o Temporary vector creation
o Stripmining, Cache Tiling
o Concurrent call support
o Inline concurrent code segments
o Vector SSE code generation
o Software prefetching
Parallel Debug Engine
* 64-bit and 32-bit targets
* Debug Fortran and Visual C++
* Debug parallel OpenMP and multi-threaded programs
* One touch breakpoint setting
* Step into, over, out of functions
* Attach to running processes
* Traceback, Log files, Help
* One touch symbolic display
* Multiple format display of values or strings
* Track register states
* Debug 32-bit or 64-bit SUA applications
* Attach to running SUA processes
* Processor: 64-bit AMD64, 64-bit Intel 64 or 32-bit x86 processor-based workstation or server with one or more single core or multi-core microprocessors.
* Operating System: Microsoft* Windows* Vista, XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows Server* 2008 x64 Edition. Microsoft Windows Vista, XP or Windows Server 2008 (32-bit only). Building 64-bit applications requires a 64-bit operating system.
* Visual Studio:Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 (not Express Editions).
* Memory: 256 MB or more.
* Hard Disk: 1 GB during installation, 500 MB to hold installed software.
* Peripherals: Mouse or compatible pointing device. DVD disk drive for installation, unless products are downloaded and installed electronically.
* Other: Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing some documentation.